Equipment for Photo Tours in Iceland.
A list of Equipment for Photo Tours is good to have when packing the gear for travelling. But you´ll need a few things more than just the camera equipment. For everyone travelling in Iceland we recommend a small backpack with your necessities for the day tour, this is especially necessary for the landscape photographer. We seldom stop and when we do the brakes are short so a quick snack on the go is usually appreciated (especially during winter travel as we only have daylight for a few hours).
This is why we consider this list a very important one for the photogrpaher
Equipment for Photo Tours :
- A lunch pack or snack can come useful for longer drives.
- A flask for the coffee thirsty or those who´d like to have warm drinks available like hot chocolate or tea, especially during winter or if the weather is wet and windy.
- A water bottle, you can fill it up anywhere with tap water at restaurants, stores or fresh in the next stream 🙂
- Sunglasses, the sun in Iceland isn´t the warmest but it surely is bright and sometimes very low on the horizon.
- Sun lotion (yes not kidding) the sun can be fierce even during winter travels when the sun can reflect on snow and ice.
- Clothing suiting the travel and weather. You can never go wrong with a good outershell (waterproof layers), sturdy boots and a cap and mittens. Be sure to take off some clothing during driving for more comfort. The Icelandic wool sweater (“lopapeysa“) is really warm, dries fast and is therefore great as a second layer underneath the outershell.
- Umbrella (if it´s not very windy)
- A torch or a head lamp can be useful during evening, winter travels or cave exploring.
And off course the Photo Equipment for Photo Tours:
- lens (-es)
- cloth or something to wipe the lens off
- rain coat for the camera
- … and don´t forget the memory card 🙂
This list is a suggestion – you might like to prepare your personal list of Equipment for Photo Tours.